The Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-29) pandemic has killed over 13,000. It has weakened and sickened lakhs of people around the globe. The government have already done their bit and rolled out meticulous instructions, laws that prevent the virus from spreading further.
We at Velocity MR too have taken counter measure with immense care to keep our employees as safe as possible.
Here are some essential Do’s and Don’ts to counteract COVID-19 outbreak:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol based hand rub which contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief/napkin/tissue while sneezing and coughing
- Throw away the used tissues into closed bins immediately after use
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- See a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms
- Shortness of breath.
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose to reduce the spread of virus while visiting a doctor.
- Practice social distancing. Avoid large gatherings and crowds in poorly-ventilated spaces
- Stay at home if possible
- Go to shops (as infrequently as possible) for food, medicines, and other basics only
- Work from home if you can
- Exercise outside once only, preferably with people you live with
- Stay at least 3-6 feet away from anyone who’s coughing or sneezing
- Prioritize your health, eat healthy, exercise indoors and avoid anything that can weaken your immune system
- Be aware of scrupulous cyber criminals who exploit people’s fear to steal their money
- Meet up with family or friends unless they live with you
- Gather in groups of more than 2 people – unless you’re
- meeting a doctor
- carrying out a medical chore
- helping some else in need (ex. Deliver food to an elderly)
- Do any of these as little as possible and when you do, maintain 2 metres between you and other people.
- Go to public gatherings to reduce the chances of spreading the virus
- Have a close contact with anyone if you are experiencing cough and fever
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth
- Spit in public
- Travel if have a fever. Contact a health professional immediately
Let’s go over WHY we need to follow the above:
- To slow down the spread if the coronavirus in the country
- To stop critical care units becoming overwhelmed
- Reduce social interactions by at least 75%
Let’s do our part in being responsible, take care of our health and by doing so, help others do the same.