Gone are the days when cricket was primarily dominated by men. The perception of women not being cricket-savvy is passe and cricket talk is no longer limited to the men's game. As women’s cricket is slowly being recognized by people across the country, it still isn't as celebrated as men's cricket is. But they do have the reach now and are breaking the viewership records as years go by. The recently completed ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020 raised the bar cricket and women's sport globally by being the most watched women's cricket event ever with 1.1 billion video views across digital channels and 5.4 billion viewing minutes from 1.8 billion during 2018 ICC Women's T20 World Cup, according to BARC.
In an attempt to understand the viewership of the Women's T20 World Cup in India, Velocity MR conducted a study in major metro and non-metro cities with a sample size of 2,000 respondents in India.
The study uncovers key findings such as:
- The preference of the people over Women's and Men's Cricket in India
- Viewership Habits
- Preferred place and media
- Preferred company and type of matches
- Most preferred OTT platform used by the respondents in India
- Spontaneous awareness of Brands that were advertised
- Aided awareness of Brands that were advertised
- Sources of awareness of the brands that were advertised
Download our report on ICC Women's T20 World Cup viewership to know to get more insights on Indian viewership during ICC Women's cricket, 2020.
Please fill the form to download: